Monday, October 20, 2008
Here's a question for you moms
Pumping, I've got in mind the pump that I would like, I've read up on the subject and I'm all for it... hopefully I won't change my mind in the process :). I'd like to be able to pump and store the milk for later feedings and keep a good flow of breast milk, especially while Alina will be transitioning from breast to bottle, but the storage bags get pretty pricey. Is it okay to wash and re-use the bags? How long are they safe in the freezer? When you thaw the breast milk, do you use the bottle warmer? Questions, questions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
DO NOT re-use the bags... Trash them when you are done. Either thaw the milk in the fridge over 24 hours and then heat up with the bottle warmer or just put the frozen chunksin the bottle and let the bottle warmer warm it up- NEVER put it in the microwave... you kill all the good enzymes...
I know the microwave destroys the milk, and the time limits on storing the milk, but why not reuse the bags?
Post a Comment