Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pregnancy Journal

Well, once again my body refuses to let me sleep past 3 am. My mind is racing with baby excitement and my belly is now calm after I decided to listen to the begging for more food (thank goodness for the modern world and quick "meals" like cereal :)

So far, I have been blessed with the lovely morning sickness I have heard so much of. This blessing has invaded my life for about a month now, fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky ones that shakes it after month 3. I wish it had another name though, something without the word "morning" in it, every time someone asks if I have it I feel mocked by the name, I would be oh so grateful if it were only in the morning- I've heard too many women that have had the same issue though, or worse! Hormones, oh well, it's for our little bundle.

My parents keep on teasing my honey about how his wife will turn into the monster of a classic horror movie when I go into labor. I would like to say it's not true but giving birth for the first time is a scary thing! I just hope that when the day comes, we'll be prepared, our doctor will be as great as he seems, and the baby will be safe and healthy... and that my husband won't lose any limbs.

On a good note, or rather- a great note: My husband and I finally triumphed through the long hassles of dealing with DES. If any of you guys have had to deal with them you know how completely ridiculous they are. It took me 1 and 1/2 months to get ticked enough to "take care of business," as they say. For that time period we had a case worker named Sara that was anything but pleasant, and definitely not the brightest crayon in the box either. Our first trip in there, mind you with my husband, we filled out all kinds of information. 2 weeks later we received a letter in the mail asking for a long list of more information, i.e. marriage certificate; mine and Adrian's pay stubs; birth certificates, etc. I had to call Sara to ask her questions about some of the information and Adrian first spoke to her till she demanded to speak to me, when she did she yelled at me for not telling them I was married and living with my husband (remember the request for marriage certificate and Adrian's income). After giving the requested information, we received another letter asking for loads more, one of those things was a signed document from the doctor or midwife who was present at the birth (I just noticed the other day that this was on all letters too). I reluctantly called Sara to explain that our child wasn't born yet, and to no surprise she yelled at me and claimed she didn't ask for that. With each letter they requested the same information we gave them the previous time, which was copied and dated when it was received. Every time I gave it to them Sara would tell me that I either hadn't or it wasn't good enough, like the letter from our landlord saying how many live with us ( Sara kept requesting it to be from a non-relative... Hello! no relation to our landlord Helen Tefsky!). After this happened enough times I finally decided to go in there and demand to speak to a supervisor that will take care of this matter immediately, I even told the lady at the desk that I wasn't going anywhere until I do, I gave them a list of complaints and explained I have a doctors appointment and have been sick too. Poor behavior started to get me somewhere, not far but it was a start. This continued for a short while and after I ripped about 3 heads off we were successful! We have MercyCare and shouldn't have to pay for a thing. All I know is that the only thing that got me through it was all the prayers us and our family and friends said, and my husband- who had patience and calmness in the worst of our storm.

So to sum up, thank you all so much for your love and support, especially to my love. And for the morning sickness, I know there's a bunch of you who know exactly what I'm feeling :) guess that means no complaints!

Lots of Love,
Lindsey

1 comment:

Kendria said...

Glad everything is working out for you... Blessing after blessing... It's a GIRL!!! See you soon!