Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She's here!!

Born December 7, 2008. 7lbs and 6oz. Cute as can be :)

I do have some worries though, for one our pediatrician says she's colic. I'm a little allergic to cow's milk and cheese so I'm staying off that to help Alina from having a belly ache but she's still pretty colicky at night. I know nights are just hard for newborns, and we have tried so many things to help her, it seems that constant bouncing is the only thing that helps sometimes. She has a hard time with feedings too, at the hospital we couldn't get her to latch on, and when she did, she was a bitter so I was quite blistered and had to start using the nipple shield and substituting with formula. Which we later found out was giving her a belly ache so we stopped the formula.

Now she will only latch on with the nipple shield and thinks she needs to eat every half hour. All the books say to feed on demand but I can't possibly feed her every half hour??

I don't know what to do, we see the pediatrician in a week, maybe she'll be able to help us.

She does do well during the day though. We try to keep her awake for part of it (would like some advice on sleeping schedules, too). But she has such hard nights that its hard for her to be awake during the day. I'm not expecting any miracles or much sleep either, but we'd really like for her to be feeling better and happier.

No comments: